I’ve been working with Adrian on learning to make the gallon of Koolaid he typically consumes in a day. So far he’s learned….
- to pour some water out of the gallon jug to make room for the mix and Splenda
- to rip open the Koolaid packets horizontally instead of vertically
- to use the funnel to get the Splenda and Koolaid into the jug
- to manipulate the packets in order to get all the mix out
- to pour the Splenda into the funnel, stop wait for it to go down and then pour more
- to shake the jug to mix
- to use a marker to mark the jug with a K (for Koolaid)
Sometimes I look at our home life and suddenly realize we’re not working on anything new. It used to make me panic and feel guilty …. “What was I thinking wasting time like that!!!”
But I’ve been at this a long time now. Long enough to know that even though we could always be pushing for the next skill, it wouldn’t necessarily be the best thing for us or Adrian. It’s good sometimes to just relax and enjoy what we’ve got.
Right now we’ve got freshly made Koolaid 🙂