Adrian just finished his first week of school. The new team of teachers, aides and therapists have already given me some new things to add to his Dynavox V. In order to accomodate their requests and improve Adrian’s ability to locate all the school vocabulary, I designed a new school page. Using a visual scene, I was able to fit a lot of different options into this one page.
In this scene you can click on….
- The shapes, colors or math on the blackboard to reach those pages/popups.
- The globe to reach the social studies and sciences topics
- The door to talk about other locations in the school
- The clock to talk about which activity it’s time for
- The blue scooter to ask for a scooter ride
- The calendar or weather pictures on the desk to go to those pages
- The pile of books to go to the reading section
- The keyboard on the center desk to access the onscreen keyboard
- The toy shelf to access play options
- The frame to talk about classmates and/or teachers
I’m sure we’ll be adding more as the school year goes on, but hopefully everything will fit nicely into one of the sections already established here.