For the most part, the Dynavox V is up and running now. Adrian has been exploring various pages here and there while I’ve been setting it all up.
For the most part, it’s all familiar to him. After reviewing many of the pages available, I decided that we’d stick with my original design and organization. I’ve added some extra pages here and there and used some vocabulary and pictures suggested in the pre-programmed pages.
I’m anxious to see what the speech therapist will say when she sees it. Unfortunately, I’m not sure when that will be. We hit a deer with the car last Thursday and we’re still not sure when it will be fixed. I don’t mind keeping Adrian home for a few days, but if the repairs take much longer than that, we’ll have to rent a vehicle.
Meanwhile, that means I’ve got time to continue to tweak the device and get Adrian back in the habit of using it. Not surprising, I think he often forgets it’s there. After all, when you go 10 years without a means of ‘talking’, you don’t automatically think about the fact that now you do!